Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Home-made cyclic voltammetry system, part II

This post is an update to the previous post: homemade-cyclic-voltammetry-system.html.

Background
In the last post I described how to build a cyclic-voltammetry-system using LabVIEW and some PXI-system components. Some unsolved problems was periodic noise in the CV measurements, and that the Nyquist method was not completely developed, here you find an update on the subject.

CV measurements
The periodic noise I had last time in the CV-graphs was from settling time problems when measuring the voltage-outputs from the operational amplifiers with the digital acquisition card. By doing the reading directly before the next output voltage value (the voltage sweep) is written this noise was completely removed. (previously measurements were done directly after the new voltage value was written.

Figure 1, CV measurement test, now the periodic noise is removed.

Nyquist measurement
Now everything works properly, and the software program has been completed. Both the Fourier method with white noise and the frequency sweep method now works. I found out that for larger capacitance measurements, i.e. lower frequencies dependency, the sweep method works better.
Figure 2, shows some basic Nyquist test experiment of 1uF capacitor in parallel with 1kOhm resistor and all this in series with 100 Ohm.

Fuse installed
To protect the circuit I decided to install a fuse.
Figure 3, I now also included a 50mA fuse to protect the circuit. 

Well, that was the update, now this case is closed. The next post will be a little bit more interesting.
Here are two links for the LabVIEW 2010 code for the CV and Nyquist program.

There is now a continuation on this topic, Home-made-cyclic-voltammetry-system III.

18 comments:

  1. Why go somewhere else when you’ve got such a beautiful blog right in front of you.
    copier paper

    ReplyDelete
  2. The plants still need water regardless they need similar supplements.visit the following website

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Such an amazing and helpful post this is. I really really love it. It's so good and so awesome. I am just amazed. I hope that you continue to do your work like this in the future also sửa chữa nhà trọn gói

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found that site very usefull and this survey is very cirious, I ' ve never seen a blog that demand a survey for this actions, very curious... Empresa de limpieza

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have bookmarked your blog, the articles are way better than other similar blogs.. thanks for a great blog! Spraying Acrylic House Paint

    ReplyDelete
  6. This content is written very well. Your use of formatting when making your points makes your observations very clear and easy to understand. Thank you. do golden retrievers have double coats

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This particular is usually apparently essential and moreover outstanding truth along with for sure fair-minded and moreover admittedly useful My business is looking to find in advance designed for this specific useful stuffs… residential care home Farmington Hills Michigan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for helping people get the information they need. Great stuff as usual. Keep up the great work!!! roofer Dallas Tx

    ReplyDelete
  10. i never know the use of adobe shadow until i saw this post. thank you for this! this is very helpful. 高級賃貸のレントマーケット

    ReplyDelete
  11. Positive site, where did u come up with the information on this posting? I'm pleased I discovered it though, ill be checking back soon to find out what additional posts you include. renovation contractor

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven’t any word to appreciate this post.....Really i am impressed from this post....the person who create this post it was a great human..thanks for shared this with us. shelters

    ReplyDelete
  13. i am for the first time here. I found this board and I in finding It truly helpful & it helped me out a lot. I hope to present something back and help others such as you helped me. removal services

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like your post. It is good to see you verbalize from the heart and clarity on this important subject can be easily observed... shelby township locksmith

    ReplyDelete
  15. I admire this article for the well-researched content and excellent wording. I got so involved in this material that I couldn’t stop reading. I am impressed with your work and skill. Thank you so much. for sale by owner in florida

    ReplyDelete
  16. Bench grinders can be regarded as lifesavers for the people who deal with tools on a daily basis. https://musthavesguide.com/

    ReplyDelete